The Wandering Lake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steel Magic

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Steel Magic - Page 3 Empty Re: Steel Magic

Post  Whit Thu 12 May 2011, 5:42 am

Whit glanced only briefly at the people and furnishings in the room. She hadn't found anything exciting enough to stop her progress so she continued to the open door.
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  Alyssa Thu 12 May 2011, 1:32 pm

There are no people as the only passengers are her and Artellen. The crew members are all doing there jobs either on the deck or in the engine room. Through the doors is an even bigger room. In the middle is an open space, like a town square, and around the edges are empty kiosks and little shops. There are no signs to distinguish the shops from one another or merchandise. Whitney can see three more doors; one across the room and two on either side. In the middle of the square is a very familiar looking statue. It's Tray.
Alyssa
Alyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Thu 12 May 2011, 3:12 pm

((SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!!!!!))
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Sat 14 May 2011, 9:05 pm

(The problem with not posting in so long is I really forget some of the finer details. I can't remember what exactly Whit knows about Tray but it seems like I remembered some things and I know he pulled me through the window...I'll just go with that. Oh ya and we're going to rescue him right?)

Whit slowly approaches the statue. Tray... she thought to herself, you got me into all of this.

She wasn't quite sure how to feel. She knew him from before and it seemed they had been on good terms back then but a part of her hated him for dragging her through that window - for dragging her into all of this. She hoped she was making the right decision going after him but what were they going to do when they got there?

How on earth am I supposed to rescue anyone? What can I do? she was a little upset now and rather than continue down this particular rail on her train of thought, she walked past the statue and through the door directly behind it.
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Sun 15 May 2011, 12:39 am

(Whit only remembers the first time she met Tray on an airship, but that's about it.)

Whitney can almost feel the memories she lost just out of reach. But if she tries to remember they slip away.

The doors lead out to a balcony at the very back of the ship. There doesn't seem to be any protective glass, but there is also no wind here. If she looks closely she will see the sun reflecting on what would seem like a forcefield. It gave the illusion of the balcony being open to the air but it provided safety to the passengers as well.

There were a few airships behind and below a few miles off. It's hard to tell their size. A flock of birds in a V formation could also be seen, though, they were nothing like Whitney had ever seen. They had bright orange feathers covering most of their body with blue ones at the tips of their wings and white tail feathers.

The balcony was warm with the sunlight. There were a few lounge chairs and potted plants hugged the railing. The door behind Whitney is the only way out or in.
FATE
FATE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Sun 15 May 2011, 12:52 pm

It was easier for Whit to appreciate the beauty up here as long as she didn't look straight down.

She admired the birds for a little bit and was strongly reminded of her school mascot. Timpview's mascot was the Thunderbird and the school's colors were orange, blue and white.

Steel Magic - Page 3 Z

The sunshine was very pleasant and the lounge chairs tempting. Whit took a seat in one and, if she is not otherwise interrupted, she will fall asleep.
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  Alyssa Sun 15 May 2011, 3:22 pm

The quiet and warm sun lull Whitney to sleep.

She is standing in a forest. The few rays of sun that break through the leaves do little to illuminate her surroundings. Whitney can tell the air is thick with magic. An owl calls out from somewhere, but she cannot tell where it is. First she hears it behind her, then to her left, and then from all around. Now there is only silence.

"Whitney," Tray is standing beside her, "You don't remember anything, do you? You don't remember me."

He reaches out for her hand. They are both falling and the forest disappears. She is standing in the middle of a desert, or maybe it's at the edge of the forest. Whitney can't see Tray anymore. In front of her there is a wall of fast approaching. Whitney stands there trying to summon the magic, but she can't. She's too weak. Whitney can hear Tray desperately calling her name.

The water consumes her.

When Whitney wakes the suns are low in the sky, casting a red light on the balcony. Jovan is standing not too far away with his back to her. He is looking out across the clouds.
Alyssa
Alyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Sun 15 May 2011, 10:56 pm

"Whitney," Tray is standing beside her, "You don't remember anything, do you? You don't remember me."

He reaches out for her hand.

Whit jerks her hand away. She may not remember Tray from before but she remembered the last time he had held onto her and yanked her into this world. She wasn't eager for anything else to happen.

They are both falling and the forest disappears. She is standing in the middle of a desert, or maybe it's at the edge of the forest. Whitney can't see Tray anymore. In front of her there is a wall of fast approaching.
(Wall of what?)

Whitney stands there trying to summon the magic, but she can't. She's too weak. Whitney can hear Tray desperately calling her name.
(Do I know how to summon magic?...)

The water consumes her.

Whit jolts awake and is surprised to see the suns so low. How long had she been asleep? And how long had Joven been standing there? Creepy!

She sat up quickly, ran her fingers through her hair and tried to regain complete consciousness. She stood up slowly and began walking around the chair, saying nothing for the moment.
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Sun 15 May 2011, 11:12 pm

(Wall of water. Oops. And you don't remember how to summon magic. It was a dream. I figured that FATE could take a little more liberty with dreams since we can't control them sometimes.)

"Whitney," Jovan turned around with an insidious smile, "You're awake. You know, I didn't believe it myself at first but there is no doubt about it."

Jovan is rolling something back and forth between his index finger and thumb. If she looks closely she will notice it's her CTR ring.

"I am honored to be in the presence of Whitney of the Four," he bowed, mockingly.
FATE
FATE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Wed 18 May 2011, 9:29 pm

"Whitney," Jovan turned around with an insidious smile, "You're awake. You know, I didn't believe it myself at first but there is no doubt about it."
There were a few moments where Whit misinterpreted Jovan's meaning to mean he didn't believe that she was awake...then she caught on. Razz

Jovan is rolling something back and forth between his index finger and thumb. If she looks closely she will notice it's her CTR ring.

Whit notices the ring and checks her finger to confirm that it is, in fact, hers.

"Hey that's mine!" she protested somewhat lamely. She was starting to get an uneasy feeling about Jovan.
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  Alyssa Thu 19 May 2011, 12:53 am

Jovan burst out laughing, "Indeed it is. If you would be so kind and come with me I might consider giving it back. My Lady, Tamesis, wishes to see you."

He smiled and held out his hand to Whitney, waiting for her to take it.

Alyssa
Alyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Thu 19 May 2011, 8:56 am

Whit scowled at him. She wanted her ring back but in exchange for going somewhere with the creep only to maybe get it back? Fat chance.

"I'll pass," Whit heads for the door prepared to run for it if Jovan follows her. Maybe if Whit talked to the Heloise, Heloise could make Jovan give her ring back.

Something was definitely not right here and didn't want to wait around to find out what it was. Who the heck was this Tamesis anyway?

(I remember someone did something to the ring but I don't remember what...)
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  Alyssa Thu 19 May 2011, 1:04 pm

(You can see the future seemingly at random with it.)

"I'm afraid you have no choice in the matter," Jovan didn't move from his spot on the edge of the balcony.

When Whitney opens the door there is a man standing there that she may or may not remember. He has a shaved head and a black tattoo wrapped around his right arm. He towers over Whitney and is not lacking in muscle. Before she has any time to react he grabs her and turns her so that she is facing Jovan. He keeps a tight grip on both her arms.

"Thank you Sarad, shall we be off?" Jovan whips around and cuts his arm through the air.

Something like red lightning bursts from his hand and strikes the barrier behind him. There is a crackling then a shattering sound. The barrier turns red then dissolves in a burst of red sparks. A strong wind whips across the balcony.

There is a sound of an explosion and the ship rocks violently. Whitney is thrown to the ground and the railing is the only thing that stops her from rolling off the edge. Sarad stumbles backwards but manages to keep his footing. Jovan drops the the ring as he grabs the railing to hold his balance. The ring rolls and stops when it hits Whitney's arm.

"They're early," Jovan hisses.

Whitney will find she is a little dazed from hitting her head.
Alyssa
Alyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:44 pm

When Whitney opens the door there is a man standing there that she may or may not remember. He has a shaved head and a black tattoo wrapped around his right arm. He towers over Whitney and is not lacking in muscle. Before she has any time to react he grabs her and turns her so that she is facing Jovan. He keeps a tight grip on both her arms.

"Let me go!" Whit cried while struggling in vain to break free of Sarad's vice-like grip.

"Thank you Sarad, shall we be off?" Jovan whips around and cuts his arm through the air.

Something like red lightning bursts from his hand and strikes the barrier behind him. There is a crackling then a shattering sound. The barrier turns red then dissolves in a burst of red sparks. A strong wind whips across the balcony.

There is a sound of an explosion and the ship rocks violently. Whitney is thrown to the ground and the railing is the only thing that stops her from rolling off the edge. Sarad stumbles backwards but manages to keep his footing. Jovan drops the the ring as he grabs the railing to hold his balance. The ring rolls and stops when it hits Whitney's arm.

"They're early," Jovan hisses.

Whitney will find she is a little dazed from hitting her head.

Whit instinctively picks up the ring and hurriedly jams it back on her finger. She grips the railing and pulls herself to her feet. She catches a glimpse of what lies below and the wind reminds her that nothing other than the railing had kept her from toppling down to the earth below.

She puts a hand to her head as the blood rushes to it. She gets the "blackout" sensation of when a person stands up to fast. Before her vision completely returns she is already stumbling back towards the door in an effort to escape the two men.
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:51 pm

Whitney is able to make it through the door and into the room with the statue of Tray and stores.

"After her!" Whitney hears Jovian yell from behind.

Ahead of her Whitney can hear Artellen calling her name. Another explosion rocks the ship throwing Whitney to her knees. Just as she hits the ground she feels a hot wind fly over her head. In front of her what looks like blue lightning strikes the statue of Tray shattering the top half. Some of the debris rains down on Whitney cutting any exposed flesh.

If she looks up she will see Artellen running across the square. The ring burns hot on her finger.

"Whitney!" Artellen yells, now only a few feet from the statue.

From behind her Sarad unleashes another blue lightning bolt. It strikes Artellen in the chest and he falls to the floor, motionless. Sarad grabs Whitney by the hair and begins dragging her back towards the balcony.

Whitney blinks, and Artellen is uninjured.

FATE
FATE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:37 pm

Some of the debris rains down on Whitney cutting any exposed flesh.

Whit instinctively ducks her head and is able to protect her face from the debris. When she fell, however, she had to catch herself with her hands leaving both arms very exposed. She sustains a number of smaller cuts and one particularly deep gash on her right forearm.

Whit inhales through clenched teeth at the new wounds. Glancing up she sees Artellen running towards her.

The ring burns hot on her finger.

From behind her Sarad unleashes another blue lightning bolt. It strikes Artellen in the chest and he falls to the floor, motionless. Sarad grabs Whitney by the hair and begins dragging her back towards the balcony.

Whitney blinks, and Artellen is uninjured.

Whit yells, "Watch out!" to Artellen as she scrambles back to her feet knowing that he's too far away for her to get to him in time but hoping that he will heed her warning.
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Sun 19 Jun 2011, 11:37 pm

Artellan stopped in his tracks, noticing Sarad standing behind Whitney. Artellan dodged out of the way just as Sarad fired his magic. The lightning bolt grazed his arm and Artellan stumbled forward. He regained his footing, but clenched his teeth in pain. Without stopping to examine his wound, he drew his sword and ran towards Whitney.

Whitney is suddenly yanked backwards by her hair. Sarad pulled her up so she stood on her feet and put a dagger to her throat. Artellan stopped, only a few feet away.

"Let her go and fight me," Artellan said, his voice even.

"And let her have a chance to escape? I don't think so," Jovan walked up from behind Sarad and stood by his side, "Sarad will keep watch over my prize while I have the pleasure of killing you. Though, if you do happen to kill me by some unlikely chance you can have the girl."

Artellan raised his sword, ready to strike, "What are you waiting for?"

Jovan brought up his hands and in a flash long daggers in appeared in each of his hands. Though, instead of steel these were made of what seemed to be a strange, yellow fire. He charged forward, wielding the daggers in a blur. Artellan blocked the attacks, sparks flying each time sword met dagger. Jovan was fast and Artellan had to put all his concentration into blocking his attacks, unable to gain the upper hand. Jovan feigned an attack, causing Artellan to hesitate. He was unable to recover and Jovan brought his blade across Artellan's right forearm. He screamed and dropped to his knees.

"To easy," Jovan brought his blade up for the final strike.

A loud explosion split through the air. The ship lunged and tipped so the floor was now slanted. Sarad tumbled backwards releasing his grip on Whitney. All four of them began sliding and tumbling backwards towards the balcony. Sarad is the first to hit the railing and falls over the edge. Though, before he has fallen very far he spreads his arms and in an instant he takes the form of a large crow.

"You are as good as dead," Jovan, too, turns into a crow as he tumbles over the edge.

Artellan reached the balcony before Whitney and caught himself on the railing. Another explosion rocked the ship and threw Whitney into the air. Artellan shot his arm out and caught her arm. With his left hand he braced himself against the railing while he held onto Whitney with his right. Below Whitney the clouds rushed to meet them as the airship sank down to the earth. If Whitney looks down she will see a forest, growing larger and larger as the ship loses altitude.

"Don't let go Whitney!" Artellan shouted over the wind, "Try to reach up with your other arm!"

Blood flowed from his wound, down his arm, and onto Whitney's. The slick blood begins to make it harder for Artellan to keep his grip.

If Whitney has enough arm strength she will be able to reach up and grab the railing.

FATE
FATE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Mon 20 Jun 2011, 11:28 pm

Whit gasped in pain as Sarad yanked her hair. She held her breath and tried to hold still as the dagger was placed to her throat but she couldn't stop herself from shaking.

Artellan reached the balcony before Whitney and caught himself on the railing. Another explosion rocked the ship and threw Whitney into the air. Artellan shot his arm out and caught her arm. With his left hand he braced himself against the railing while he held onto Whitney with his right. Below Whitney the clouds rushed to meet them as the airship sank down to the earth. If Whitney looks down she will see a forest, growing larger and larger as the ship loses altitude.

"Don't let go Whitney!" Artellan shouted over the wind, "Try to reach up with your other arm!"

Blood flowed from his wound, down his arm, and onto Whitney's. The slick blood begins to make it harder for Artellan to keep his grip.
Whit let out a short scream as she toppled off the edge. She struggled to hang on to Artellen's blood-slick arm as she dangled in space. She made the mistake of looking down and felt her heart leap into her throat as she fought back another scream.

She tried several times to grab the railing with her free hand but couldn't do it. She'd never even had the upper body strength to do pull-ups in gym in elementary school. She managed to grab her own wrist with her free hand and tried to stop herself from swinging so much.
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Fri 24 Jun 2011, 6:43 pm

The forest below them grew closer and closer, but it was still too far of a fall to survive. Whitney began to slip from Artellen's grasp. The cut in his arm burned with pain as he tightened his grip. In desperation he let go of the railing and reinforced his grip with his left hand. This stopped Whitney from slipping but now he couldn't pull her up.

BOOM!

Artellen was thrown from the ship and he and Whitney tumbled through the sky, the airship burning above them. He kept his grip on Whitney even though it couldn't save her. The trees grew larger by the second.

As they are falling towards the forest stretched out below them something shoots out from the trees, but even if Artellen or Whitney take notice they won't be able to get a clear view as they are somersaulting through the air.

Something wraps around their legs, arms, and torso, slowing their descent. Though, they continue falling and break through the tops of the trees. Then their fall is broken by something soft, but the force of the fall causes Whitney to black out.

When Whitney regains consciousness she is looking up into a forest canopy. She will also notice she is lying on top of a giant flower. Artellen is lying next to her with vines wrapped around his arms and legs. Whitney also has vines wrapped around her, though she will find she can remove them easily.

Steel Magic - Page 3 In_the_Rainforest_by_kiklj
Steel Magic - Page 3 Exotic_Flower_by_mari_na
FATE
FATE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:40 pm

Artellen was thrown from the ship and he and Whitney tumbled through the sky, the airship burning above them. He kept his grip on Whitney even though it couldn't save her. The trees grew larger by the second.

Whit held her breath as her heart dropped and they fell through the air. She wanted to shut her eyes but couldn't bring herself to do it.

Something wraps around their legs, arms, and torso, slowing their descent. Though, they continue falling and break through the tops of the trees. Then their fall is broken by something soft, but the force of the fall causes Whitney to black out.

When Whitney regains consciousness she is looking up into a forest canopy. She will also notice she is lying on top of a giant flower. Artellen is lying next to her with vines wrapped around his arms and legs. Whitney also has vines wrapped around her, though she will find she can remove them easily.

Whit makes no attempt to rise but lays where she landed trembling.
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:50 pm

Artellen regained consciousness about an hour after Whitney. He felt cold and both his arms pounded with pain. He sat up, confused. There were vines wrapped around his body and he realized he was lying on top of a flower.What had happened? He thought for sure he and Whitney were headed for their deaths.

Whitney!

He pulled the vines off and winced as one of them brushed his still open wound. The gash on his right forearm was still bleeding. He saw Whitney lying not too far from him. He tried to stand up but the world spun and he fell to his knees. Artellen managed to crawl over to where Whitney was. To his relief she was breathing.

"Whitney, are you hurt?" Artellen pulled the vines off of her.
FATE
FATE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Fri 01 Jul 2011, 2:43 am

((SO DANGEROUS AND DRAMATIC!!! I have a lot of to make up for with Chuck. Hurr hurr hurrrr.

Also, POOR ARTELLEN. OR MAYBE TRAY. I DUNNO. WHITNEY IS GONNA BREAK ONE OF THEIR HEARTS. Maybe Artellen can be gay.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKE))
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Mon 11 Jul 2011, 12:53 pm

Whit looked up numbly at Artellen. She sat up, sighed and said, "Honestly no. Well physically yes but I don't want to do this anymore. I want to go home."
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  Alyssa Thu 14 Jul 2011, 10:03 am

"I'm so sorry Whitney. I thought the airship was safe, but even then I should have still been protecting you," Artellen looked around, "There's not much choice but to find a way out and get to a city. Hopefully we can find the airship as well and see if there are any survivors."

Artellen got to his feet with a little difficulty and offered Whitney his hand. Then he started to climb down the giant flower. The stem was composed of small and large vines wrapped around each other, providing many footholds and handholds. Even though the flower was tall it was an easy climb.

At the bottom if Whitney is observant she will see the pouch that she had used to keep the seeds from Lola. It is empty except for one seed.

The trees were thick and blocked out the sun making it dim. When Artellen reached the ground he stumbled and bad to use the flower stem to steady himself. Blood had most of his right sleeve drenched and a cold sweat beaded on his forehead.
Alyssa
Alyssa

Back to top Go down

Post  Whit Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:48 pm

"I'm so sorry Whitney. I thought the airship was safe, but even then I should have still been protecting you," Artellen looked around, "There's not much choice but to find a way out and get to a city. Hopefully we can find the airship as well and see if there are any survivors."

Whit just felt drained. Exhaustion hit her like a wall and she just wanted to remain where she was. She felt miserable. Her vision blurred slightly and she was near tears.

I will not cry. she told herself stubbornly. She couldn't cry in front of people. She took a deep, shaky breath and tried to bury that part of herself. She had to go forward.

Artellen got to his feet with a little difficulty and offered Whitney his hand. Then he started to climb down the giant flower. The stem was composed of small and large vines wrapped around each other, providing many footholds and handholds. Even though the flower was tall it was an easy climb.

She took Artellen's hand and, by doing so, felt his injuries appear on her own body. Good, she thought sarcastically to herself, At least now I probably look as bad as I feel inside.

She followed Artellen down the flower and notices the pouch. Whit picks it up and puts it in her pocket. If there was only one left she intended to save it until they really needed it.

>>So if Artellen helped Whit up he wouldn't have been hurt when they got to the bottom right?
"The trees were thick and blocked out the sun making it dim. When Artellen reached the ground he stumbled and bad to use the flower stem to steady himself. Blood had most of his right sleeve drenched and a cold sweat beaded on his forehead."
Whit
Whit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum