The Wandering Lake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flower Girl

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Flower Girl - Page 3 Empty Re: Flower Girl

Post  sadexcuse4amango Mon 06 Dec 2010, 5:38 pm

Amealiah remained chipper "I don't mind at all!" She said, "And I appreciate your leaving my head out! I've never been anyplace where I haven't been able to breath very well." When Chuck puts her in the sack, she squirms around just a little, sticking some of her leaves out as well.

"It's about four miles across at the shortest point," Amealiah chimed in, trying to be helpful. "I think that's where Magson sent us. She moved around a lot, looking this way and that, thoroughly intrigued by everything. "Wow! Syle's getting smaller already!! You're doing great!" she cheered Chuck on.

"So you're Charlie of the Four! Is it true you come from another world? What's it like there? Are there lot of flowers like me?"
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Tue 07 Dec 2010, 4:26 pm

"Four miles?" Charlie asked, shoulders slumping. It would take two hours, maybe less, to walk that normally, let alone on poles. Her heart sank. "There's no easier way, is there?"

Despite the distance, she couldn't help but smirk at Amealiah's cheerfulness.

"I don't know much about the four, still," she admitted, stepping on pole after pole. "My world is different from here, even though I haven't seen much of here. There's no magic and everyone is human. Centaurs and whatnot are just fairytale creatures." Odd, guess they really did have base somewhere. Did an author long ago come to this place, as well?

"Syle is just a country, right? What's the continent called? The World?" she asked.

"Um, there are flowers that look like you, but none of them talk. They just... grow in gardens. Like grass." The grass here had yet to talk to her, so she found it a good analogy.

After a while, Charlie will eat more snackage from the pack and complain about the distance. Very Happy She looks at her ring and is sad.
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Wed 29 Dec 2010, 12:16 pm

Amealiah gaped. "NO MAGIC??! That's horrible!" she cried. "How could that even be?" She thought. "No centaurs, either? Everyone thinks we're all fake? Why would you want to go back to a world like that?!" She sounded distressed, and wriggled about in the pack some.

After calming down somewhat, whether by continung to talk to Charlie about magic or by simply thinking about it for a bit, Amealiah spoke again, answeriung some of Chuck's other questions, but she still sounds less chipper than before.

"Yes, Syle is just a country. The continent is called Gnale. We call our world Ipa. When you were here last you and your friends traveled over most of Gnale. You were alone when you came to Syle and planted Magson, though. Oh, I'll tell you the other country's names! There's Inthe. It's a big country, and the people there use lots and lots of metal and inventions. There're huge cities, and ships that fly in the air!" She sounded more and more happy as she talked "It sounds really interesting, but I don't think I'd like it much. The people in Inthe are trying to forget magic, to kill it off in their land. I don't think it's going to work, but it still scares me. I'm a magic flower, you know, she me 'n magic are pretty closely tied topgether. It's really scary to think that someday magic might be gone. I don't know what I would be if that happened," she explained, voice sounded a little sad again.
"But! There's a giant magic forest in Inthe. They people have tried to get rid of it, but they've had no luck! That's why I have hope for the magic in Inthe."

Amealiah talked a lot more, telling Charlie about the different continents, and answering any questions she might pose. She was certainly a very talkative flower, and seemed thrilled to be traveling with one of the Four.

After a while, a smudge of land appears on the horizon. Inthe!

If Charlie looks to her left, she might notice a strange ripple traveling around the still ocean surface.

Also, if Charlie looks behind her, she will notice that the posts she's been stepping on have been sinking back into the ocean as she walks actoss them. Only the 5 posts behind her remain above ground.
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Fri 31 Dec 2010, 7:13 pm

"Well, I guess when you grow up in it, it's normal," Charlie tried to explain to the distressed flower. "But we have things there than you don't have--things that would be as confusing to you as, well, magic is to me. At least, I assume you don't have them here. Cars and jets and the Internet. Everyone uses computers for everything--technology and whatnot, you know?"

After hearing about the countries, Charlie said, "Wow, info dump. But Inthe sounds like it might be like my world, someday. But i don't think we ever had magic to begin with."

She paused for a quick rest--her legs were hurting. She tried not to look into the ocean.

She talked to Amealiah a little more, until she got a general jist of the countries.

"I still have a hard time believing I was here before, though," she added. Was it possible she really knew all of this once?

Checking over her shoulder, Charlie noticed the posts had disappeared into the water, only five remaining. "Oh Sh--!" she said, thinking the posts were sinking and she was about to drop like a rock. She hurries acorss a few more poles before realizing they only sink in sync with her, and the calm down, slightly appalled that she switched tense in the middle of a paragraph/post.

"Ugh, how much further?" she asks. Please be on the other side, Whitney!
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Fri 21 Jan 2011, 2:44 pm

"I still have a hard time believing I was here before, though," she added. Was it possible she really knew all of this once?"
Amealiah frowned thoughtfully. "Hmm... Maybe I can help with that...!!" She schrunched up her eyes, made a very concentrated face, and held that position for a full minute. Then, with pant, she loosened up again. "Nope, sorry," she said apologetically. "Nothing. Not right now, at least, but I'll give it a try again later. Magic is tricky like that sometimes."

"It should be close," Amealiah said, scanning the horizon. "We're still in some of Syle's magical protections. It helps keep people from finding the island. But I think soon we'll see Inthe up ahead."

No sooner had Amealiah spoken then a WHUMF exploded from the farthest step behind them, sending a tremor through the line of steps and ripples through the eerily calm ocean. Amealiah shrieked, clinging to the pack. "OHGEEZWHATWASTHAT??!"

If Charlie looks for the source of the impact, she will see no obvious perpetrator.
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Sat 22 Jan 2011, 1:29 pm

Charlie jumped, nearly falling off the log.

"I don't know!" she said, panicking because the flower was panicking. She pulled out both katar, then picked up pace going across the poles. The surge of experience from her weapons went up her arms and throughout her body, and she suddenly found her body better balanced, letting her go faster.
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Fri 28 Jan 2011, 3:05 pm

(So apparently BYU no longer allows access to DA on their internet. Which is sad because I have a picture I want to put here. I guess I'll just post and add the picture later. Because I really need to take a quick break from working!!)

There was another Whumph, and water sloshed over and around the logs. A huge, bronze, dorsal fin sliced through the surface of the water, following alongside Charlie to her left. It disappeared again beneath the surface, and soon another tremor ran through the ocean and the logs. The fin appeared again, this time on Charlie's right side, and soon the bronze back of the creature also broke the surface of the water.

If Charlie looks, she will be able to see that the fish-like creature really is bronze. It's made of hundreds of thousands of interlocking metal pieces on sheets. It has a long, sharp snot lined with rows upon rows of sharp, metal teeth, which are visible as it's jaw opens with a shudder-inducing screeching sound, much like nails on a chalkboard, and metal grinds against metal.

Flower Girl - Page 3 Steampunk_Fish_by_Diarment
Like this, but scarier, like this:
Flower Girl - Page 3 Scary_fish_by_arzub223

The mecha-fish grinned it's teeth-lined jaw and lunged towards Chuck.

Amealiah shrieked.
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Mon 31 Jan 2011, 5:43 pm

Charlie was not one for swearing, but sometimes things just slipped out on their own.

"HOLY SH**!" she screamed, running faster. Despite the confidence in her blades, fear suffocated her. Tears slid from her eyes.

The fish lunged, and Ameliah screamed.

Charlie ducked, hands over her head.
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Mon 28 Mar 2011, 6:54 pm

The fish's jaws just barely missed Charlie, flying behind her. But it's gigantic fins did not. The metal sheets knocked into Charlie's hip, and unless she has incredibly incredible balancing skills, she will fall off the slippery, wooden stakes.

Amealiah shrieked again, waving her petals and leaf-arms frantically.

the fish splashes loudly into the water and begins to turn around for another strike.
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:41 am

Charlie falls into the water, then flails about, latching onto the nearest log.

"Help!" she screamed, searching for the fish while frantically trying to pull herself back onto the log. Her upper body strength wasn't fantastic, especially with the pack on her back.

She was terrified, and light-headed because of it. Luckily the adrenaline is enough that she pulls herself upright, struggling to climb to her feet.
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Sun 24 Apr 2011, 7:54 am

In the commotion, Amealiah's pot falls out of Charlie's backpack. "Charlie!!" the flower yelled, turning pale, if flowers can do such a thing, "Help me!!" Her pot was bobbing up and down in the water, for the time being, but the pot wasn't light, and it was only a matter of (short) time before it sank. Amealiah was paddling frantically, and rather pathetically, with her leaves, trying to get closer to the logs, but she was still of reach.

The fish has disappeared for now, out of sight beneath the ocean waves.

The shore is about 100 yards away. (if I said something earlier that was different, forgive me! I've forgotten it now!!)
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Wed 27 Apr 2011, 1:59 pm

sadexcuse4amango wrote:In the commotion, Amealiah's pot falls out of Charlie's backpack. "Charlie!!" the flower yelled, turning pale, if flowers can do such a thing, "Help me!!" Her pot was bobbing up and down in the water, for the time being, but the pot wasn't light, and it was only a matter of (short) time before it sank. Amealiah was paddling frantically, and rather pathetically, with her leaves, trying to get closer to the logs, but she was still of reach.

The fish has disappeared for now, out of sight beneath the ocean waves.

The shore is about 100 yards away. (if I said something earlier that was different, forgive me! I've forgotten it now!!)

Charlie stops, lurches, hesitates. Where was the fish?

"Damnit!" she shouts, bending on one knee as quickly as she could to scoop the soggy plant ungracefully from the water. She ran, CHARGED, for the shore, pumped with adrenaline. She didn't hear the fish, but she didn't look back. She ran, ran, almost falling into the ocean.

when she reaches shore, she scrambles away from the water line and gasps for air, finally looking back to the ocean.
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Sat 30 Apr 2011, 9:29 am

Amealiah was wet and soggy and muddy. She clung to Charlie's arm as best she could with her little leaves as she charged towards the shore. Behind them, the sound of creaking metal grew louder, and the fish jumped from the water again, though this time it missed its targets completely.

On the shore, Charlie can see the metal fish fin swerving back and forth as the metal monster swam as close to the shore as it could. It stayed there for several minutes, before finally retreating to deeper water.

Amealiah was still clutching to Charlie's arm, trembling. "What in the name of Treale was that??" she said, voice shaking a little "That's not supposed to be here...!!"
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Mon 02 May 2011, 1:38 pm

sadexcuse4amango wrote:Amealiah was wet and soggy and muddy. She clung to Charlie's arm as best she could with her little leaves as she charged towards the shore. Behind them, the sound of creaking metal grew louder, and the fish jumped from the water again, though this time it missed its targets completely.

On the shore, Charlie can see the metal fish fin swerving back and forth as the metal monster swam as close to the shore as it could. It stayed there for several minutes, before finally retreating to deeper water.

Amealiah was still clutching to Charlie's arm, trembling. "What in the name of Treale was that??" she said, voice shaking a little "That's not supposed to be here...!!"

Charlie was crying. Terrorized. Nothing, NOTHING like that had ever happened to her before. She watched the fish, petrified, wondering if it would come on land, wondering if she could outrun it. Her legs felt like jelly, and her chest burned.

But the fish turned away, to her relief. Still, she didn't speak for a long time.

Finally she rubbed her eyes, cleaned her glasses, took several deep breaths. Prayed. Sighed. "I hate it here," she whispered. "I want to go home."

But there wasn't much use in that--she had to find Whitney. There was only one goal for now, and that was the locate the girl who, hopefully, was the same friend she had back... wherever her normal life was.

She stood, swallowing, looked at her compass. "Are you okay? Where are we, and are there any other freaky monsters I need to worry about?"

She looks around. What does she see?
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Mon 02 May 2011, 3:31 pm

(I wonder if flowers can cry! I hadn't though about it.)

Amealiah, though still shaking, felt bad for Charlie. The girl hadn't asked for all this, let alone getting eaten by a giant metal fish!! The flower had never seen anything like that before. It made her feel sick, in a way that flowers can, I suppose. But the pathway from Syle was SUPPOSED to be protected by magic- that fish shouldn't have been able to come near them. It was very disturbing.

"I'm all right," the flower responded. "I'm sorry you have to be here. Let me see if I can help at all...." She scrunched up her petally face and concentrated. Slowly, tendrils of pink started spreading out from the center, moving out towards the ends of her petals, until finally, Amealiah was a rather shocking shade of magenta. Opening her eyes, she inhaled deeply and held her breath as she yanked out one of her petals, flinching slightly as she did so. "Here, put this one your forehead," she instructed, holding out the pink petal. She couldn't reach Charlie's head from where she was.

If Charlie accepts the petal, the moment it touches her forehead she will feel peace and calm wash over her. He heart rate will slow down, her limbs will start feeling better, and her fear will subside.

In answer to Charlie's questions, Amealiah replies "We should be on the south border of Inthe. I don't know about the creature part. That fish shouldn't have been able to attack us while we were crossing. Let's hope there aren't any others."

Charlie and Amealiah are on a smooth, sandy beach and goes inland for about 30 yards before slowly turning into gentle, grassy plains. There are some rolling dunes of sand, which turn into rolling hills in the plains. Shrubbery and a few sparse trees grow farther inland, away from the salty ocean. Several birds are flying in the sky, and while they are gull-shaped, if Charlie looks closely enough she will be able to tell their shape is different. Their cries are not quite gull-like either.

The sand is peppered with small, smooth rocks, driftwood, and shell fragments. She can currently see no other signs of people.

When Charlie looks at the compass, it points north-east, straight through the rolling plains.
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Mon 02 May 2011, 4:45 pm

Charlie watched with morbid fascination as Amealiah changed colors and plucked a petal. As instructed, she hesitantly placed the petal on her forehead.

Suddenly Charlie felt calm, relaxed. Her pulse slowed and her body turned cool, and she felt oddly content. Even her thoughts seemed to chill. "Cool," she said, in a very hippie-like fashion.

Glancing at her compass with new eyes, Charlie looks ahead to a set of rolling hills. "Whitney's in that direction," she said. She glanced at the flower in her hands. "Can I add this dirt to your pot, or is that not . . . kosher?"

If it's okay, charlie will refill Amealiah's pot, then start off over the hills. She studies things as she passes, combing her hair with her fingers. She doesn't take any particular notice of the gulls.
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Thu 05 May 2011, 11:41 am

Amealiah smiled, though she looked a little tired from her color-changing adventure. "This dirt will be fine, thank you! If we find any fresh water, that would be great too. All this salt is very uncomfortable." She squirmed a bit in her pot.

And then the two set off, walking through soft, long grass the swayed in the seaside breezes. The trees that grew were twisted and harsh, but they were still alive. As they walked, a few tiny, dilapidated buildings came into view from behind the hillsides. Several birds perched on fallen timbers, and some sort of small mammal scrambled inside before Charlie could get a look at it.

"Thank you for doing this," Amealiah spoke. "I know you don't want to be here, and that you don't remember Gnale... and that you really don't care for it much," the flower made a scrunched-up face. "But Gnale is my home, and I am grateful that you are willing to help...."
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Thu 12 May 2011, 3:38 pm

Charlie walked, deep in thought, over the hills until she came to some dilapidated buildings--almost like a beach-themed ghost town. She had been in ghost towns before, but this one felt stranger to her. Curious, she walked around the houses, keeping her distance, inspecting them. She kept her katar close at hand.

"I know you don't want to be here, and that you don't remember Gnale... and that you really don't care for it much," the flower made a scrunched-up face. "But Gnale is my home, and I am grateful that you are willing to help...."

"Maybe remembering is what I need to do, if that will help," Charlie said. "What is this place? How much further is Whitney?"
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Thu 12 May 2011, 3:49 pm

"I'm trying to help with your memories... But I'm not much more than a seedling, really. Magic is tricky and complicated. And... I'm afraid I'm a little slapdash at it." She scrunched up her face. "I've never been very good at just taking root and studying it out, you know?"

The flower, still pink, also curiously peered at the buildings. "I've never been outside of Syle. The only things I know about the rest of Gnale are what I've heard in stories. I haven't heard anything about ruins on the Inthe coast. Maybe just a few people who tried to live on the beach?" The wood was grey, obviously old, and salty "guess it didn't work out too well for them..."

From on top of the building, the part of the room that hadn't collapsed, one of the birds had landed and squawked. It wasn't a horribly loud sound, but it did sound strained, oddly tinny. The fowl had two pairs of eyes - the bottom was brown and the top blue. It titled it's head in a jerky movement, regarding the strange travelers.

Amealiah looked up at the bird. "Huh. Interesting bird...."

The bird clicked it's tongue, and then opened it's beak again. Only this time, a very canine bark came out.
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Sun 15 May 2011, 1:20 pm

Great, Charlie thinks. My guide is as clueless as I am.

"Probably means it won't work out too well for us." Charlie started to feel tired--afterall, she had crossed the ocean on poles whilst being chased by a metal fish. But she didn't want to stop, not now. She headed more inland. "I'm going to be sore tomorrow."

"Huh. Interesting bird."

The bird barked, and Charlie turned her head, startled. She had written about harpies who made noises like that.

Biting her lip, she picked up the pace.
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Tue 24 May 2011, 9:21 am

((Sorry Chuckles; got distracted by your book Smile didn't think you would mind!!))

The bird cocked its head and watched them walk away, but did not follow them.

And so they continued walking, Amealiah asking Charlie questions about her world, and whatever else she could think of, as well as answering any questions Charlie might have (So, Chuck if you have questions ask them!! lol)

As the walked, the clouds grew thicker above them, and the sun grew lower in the horizon, light fading. They walk past a few more dilapidated buildings, but meet no more barking birds. Eventually, the sun is entirely hidden behind clouds, although it is nearing sundown anyway.

Amealiah surveyed the sky "It's going to rain tonight," she said, scrunching up her face. "I can feel it in my roots!" She looked happy at the thought. She was, after all, a flower, and still had a lot of scratchy salt in her soil. It wasn't very comfortable.
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Tue 24 May 2011, 12:31 pm

Charlie was much less enthusiastic. "Where are we supposed to go for the night?" she glanced at her compass. "This tells me which direction to go, but not the distance. How much further, do you think?"

The last thing Charlie wanted was to be caught out in this strange place after dark.
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Fri 01 Jul 2011, 2:29 am

((Sorry, I had no idea what to do. But now I do!!))

Amealiah hummed and looked around. "I don't know how far away Whitney of the Four will be... But Ipa is a great continent... she could be very far away. As for shelter, I think I can be a little more helpful, there!" She smiled, obviously proud of herself, "I think there is another building a few hills over! It feels far more intact than the last one we passed."

Annnnnd unless Charlie has any objections, to make things move faster, I will assume they arrive at the shack!!!

It was more stable than the dilapidated building that had housed the barking, 4-eyed gull, but it had still been obviously abandoned for some time. The roof seemed mainly intact, and as soon as the two arrived, cold drops of rain began to fall from the dark skies.

"Just leave me outside the door for a while, would you? I could use a drink!" the flower said happily, her still bright-pink petals waving to catch the drops of water.
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:50 am

Charlie couldn't help but chuckle at the flower's request, so she set her outside and stepped into the shack.

The place was mostly empty, and a drip from the roof began to putter against the wooden floor in the corner. Charlie searched the two, small rooms that comprised the little house, deciding to make her "bed" under an old table in the back of the second room, out of the way and in the shadows. She felt anxious, thinking of all the terrible things that could possible happen. Her body was weary, but she knew she wouldn't sleep for some time, for how livid her mind was.

After some time, she retrieve Ameliah from outside, just for the sake of company, and sat her next to the table. Pulling a katar from her bag, she gripped it tightly and lay down her head.

(We'll sleep until morning unless you have other ideas!)
Chuck
Chuck
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sadexcuse4amango Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:12 am

Amealiah chatted happily with Charlie for some time after she was brought inside, telling her things about Syle, stories she'd heard about Inthe, about the Four, things Magson had told her about its travels with them. When Charlie seemed to be getting sleepy, Amealiah paused for a few minutes.

"I was thinking..." she started, "Would you like to learn some magic? I know you have a great power, especially with that weapon, but it never hurts to know something more, right?" She asked.
sadexcuse4amango
sadexcuse4amango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next